Central Jersey Basketball is proud to host the Central Jersey Hawks Elite Basketball Organization. Since being founded in 1990, the CJ Hawks have won 3 National Championships, made 5 National Division 1 Final Fours, won 57 NJ State Championships and have hundreds of former players who have gone on to play NCAA basketball. The CJ Hawks are the most competitive basketball teams at Monroe Sports Center. There are multiple CJ Hawks teams at each age group, tiered by level.
Click below for tryout dates at Central Jersey Basketball and other locations:
Central Jersey Hawks General Information:
- Try-outs are held twice a year: September & February
- Tryouts in September are for teams that will play from September-March (Fall/Winter Season)
- Tryouts in February are for teams that will play from March-August (Spring/Summer Season)
- Players selected at the tryouts in September will automatically have an option to continue on a CJ Hawks team in the Spring/Summer (players may be moved up or down, based on performance in the Fall/Winter)
- All CJ Hawks teams will be coached by members of the MSC Coaching Staff - no parent coaches
- All CJ Hawks teams will have their own website with their team roster, schedule, online payment option and other team notes
- Parents will be asked to volunteer to do either the clock or the scorebook at MJBL games throughout the season
- All players will be invited back to a 1st practice/2nd tryout for a team at their age group.
- Any player not selected for any of the CJ Hawks teams at their age group will be guaranteed a spot on a NJ Falcons Developmental Basketball team at their age group.
- Playing time for CJ Hawks players is not guaranteed. There is no minimum or maximum playing time requirement for any CJ Hawks team at any level at any age group. That being said, our coaches will do their best to get all players as much meaningful game experience as possible
- We do not accept scheduling, teammate or coach requests for CJ Hawks teams. We pick the teams purely based on skill level and specific team needs, without any consideration for special requests. This is to ensure the integrity of the levels of the teams. However, a player may choose to move down a level to accommodate a scheduling conflict, teammate request or coach preference, assuming there is room on the team the player is looking to switch to. Players will not be moved up to accommodate any requests.
- Spectators may have to pay admission fees at outside tournaments. Certain tournaments that are held at CJB or MSC will be run by outside organizations who charge admission fees. MSC has no control over this. Admission fees are NOT included in the team fee
CJ Hawks Fall/Winter Season Information:
- The Fall portion of the practice schedule and the Fall tournament schedule will be posted before the 2nd practice (which is when the first payment is due). The first couple of games of the Fall league will be posted in mid-September. The full Fall game schedule will be posted by late September/early October. The Winter portion of the practice schedule will be posted by mid-November. The practice day and time may be different from the fall to the winter season. The first couple of games of the Winter league will be posted by early December and the full Winter league schedule will be posted by early January.
- All players selected for a CJ Hawks team for the Fall/Winter 2019-20 season will be guaranteed a spot on a Spring/Summer 2020 CJ Hawks team.
Teams will be tiered based on skill level. The top 8-12 players will be selected for the CJ Hawks Gold and the next 8-12 players will make the CJ Hawks Silver.
Central Jersey Hawks Gold:
- Approximately 30 hours of practice (which is about 2 practices a week in the Fall & 1 practice a week in the Winter)
- Approximately 30 games throughout the season (Fall & Winter MJBL games, tournament games)
- 3-4 tournaments ( 1 of these tournaments may require an overnight stay. Player travel expenses are NOT included in the team fee)
Central Jersey Hawks Silver:
- Approximately 25 hours of practice (which is about 1 practice a week)
- Approximately 25 games throughout the season (Fall & Winter MJBL games, tournament games and exhibition games)
- 3-4 tournaments at the appropriate level over the course of the season
CJ Hawks Fall/Winter 2021-22 Pricing:
CJ Hawks Gold
CJH High School
full payment by team's 2nd practice
$800 per player
$675 per player
$475 per player
Central Jersey Hawks Fall/Winter 2021-22 Coaches (Based out of CJB):
|Age Group||CJH Gold||CJH Silver|
MSC has a NO REFUND/CREDIT POLICY. MSC is not responsible for providing makeups or issuing refunds or credits for teams, leagues, games, practices, camps, clinics, etc. missed as a result of an type of injury, illness, scheduling conflict, emergency, lack of playing time or any other event out of the control of MSC. If MSC cancels a program or is unable to place you on a team, you will receive a refund. This policy is to ensure fairness for all customers. Each program and team is specifically designed for a certain number of players. By registering and paying for the team, you are locking in your spot. Once the team fills, other players will be turned away. Each team has a budget that is used to pay for the team's expenses (tournaments, leagues, coaches, gym time, etc.). Providing refunds/credits would cause a shortfall in the team budget.