ALL TEAMS AT EACH AGE GROUP WILL BE INVITED TO PARTICIPATE IN AN EXCLUSIVE PLAYER DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM AT NO ADDITIONAL CHARGE THAT IS ONLY OPEN TO CJ HAWKS PLAYERS
Monroe Sports Center & Central Jersey Basketball are proud to host the Central Jersey Hawks Elite Basketball Organization. Since being founded in 1990, the CJ Hawks have won 3 National Championships, made 5 National Division 1 Final Fours, won 57 NJ State Championships and have hundreds of former players who have gone on to play NCAA basketball. The CJ Hawks are the most competitive basketball teams at Central Jersey Basketball. There are multiple CJ Hawks teams at each age group, tiered by level.
at Central Jersey Basketball
2 Timber Lane, Marlboro, NJ 07746
Central Jersey Hawks General Information:
- Try-outs are held twice a year: September & February/March
- Tryouts in September are for teams that will play from September-March (Fall/Winter Season)
- Tryouts in February are for teams that will play from March-August (Spring/Summer Season)
- Players selected at the tryouts in September will automatically have an option to continue on a CJ Hawks team in the Spring/Summer (players may be moved up or down, based on performance in the Fall/Winter)
- All CJ Hawks teams will be coached by members of the MSC Coaching Staff - no parent coaches
- All CJ Hawks teams will have their own website with their team roster, schedule, online payment option and other team notes
- Parents will be asked to volunteer to do either the clock or the scorebook at MJBL games throughout the season
- Any player not selected for any of the CJ Hawks teams at their age group will be guaranteed a spot on an NJ Falcons Developmental Basketball team at their age group.
- Playing time for CJ Hawks players is not guaranteed. There is no minimum or maximum playing time requirement for any CJ Hawks team at any level at any age group. That being said, our coaches will do their best to get all players as much meaningful game experience as possible
- We do not accept scheduling, teammate or coach requests for CJ Hawks teams. We pick the teams purely based on skill level and specific team needs, without any consideration for special requests. This is to ensure the integrity of the levels of the teams. However, a player may choose to move down a level to accommodate a scheduling conflict, teammate request or coach preference, assuming there is room on the team the player is looking to switch to. Players will not be moved up to accommodate any requests.
- Spectators may have to pay admission fees at outside tournaments. Certain tournaments that are held at MSC and CJB will be run by outside organizations who charge admission fees. MSC has no control over this. Admission fees are NOT included in the team fee
CJ Hawks General Spring/Summer Season Information:
- The Spring portion of the practice schedule and the Spring tournament schedule will be posted before the 2nd practice (which is when the first payment is due). The first couple of games of the Spring league will be posted in April. The full Spring game schedule will be posted in May. The Summer portion of the practice schedule will be posted by late May. The first couple of games of the Summer league will be posted by early June and the full Summer league schedule will be posted by late June.
- Highest level CJ Hawks team at each age group are expected to compete at the highest level, both in the MJBL and in tournaments
- Lower level CJ Hawks teams at each age group will play league games and tournaments at their level
Teams will be tiered based on skill level. The top 8-10 players will be selected for the CJ Hawks Gold and the next 8-12 players at each age group will make the CJ Hawks Silver.
Central Jersey Hawks Gold:
- Approximately 25 hours of practice, consisting of 1-2 practices per week throughout the entire season.
- Approximately 23 games throughout the season (MJBL and tournament games)
- CONTINUED THIS SPRING/SUMMER: Maximum 10 players per team on all CJ Hawks Gold teams
- CONTINUED THIS SPRING/SUMMER: All CJ Hawks players are invited to participate in the NEW & EXCLUSIVE Player Development Program at NO ADDITIONAL CHARGE. Click here for details.
Central Jersey Hawks Silver:
- Approximately 20 hours of practice, consisting of 1 practice per week all season.
- Approximately 20 games throughout the season (MJBL and tournament games)
- CONTINUED THIS SUMMER: All CJ Hawks Select players are invited to participate in the NEW & EXCLUSIVE Player Development Program at NO ADDITIONAL CHARGE. Click here for details.
Central Jersey Hawks Spring/Summer 2021 Pricing:
CJ Hawks Gold
|CJ Hawks Silver|
|$ 575 per player||$ 475 per player|
***Price does not include uniform. CJ Hawks uniforms are $75 for reversible jersey and shorts. Players that already have a CJ Hawks uniform do not have to purchase a new one.
Central Jersey Hawks Spring/Summer 2022 Coaches (Based out of CJB):
|Age Group||CJH Gold||CJH Silver|
***Coaching assignments are subject to change.
MSC has a NO REFUND/CREDIT POLICY. MSC is not responsible for providing makeups or issuing refunds or credits for teams, leagues, games, practices, camps, clinics, etc. missed as a result of an type of injury, illness, scheduling conflict, emergency, lack of playing time or any other event out of the control of MSC. If MSC cancels a program or is unable to place you on a team, you will receive a refund. This policy is to ensure fairness for all customers. Each program and team is specifically designed for a certain number of players. By registering and paying for the team, you are locking in your spot. Once the team fills, other players will be turned away. Each team has a budget that is used to pay for the team's expenses (tournaments, leagues, coaches, gym time, etc.). Providing refunds/credits would cause a shortfall in the team budget.